The Lost Album (aka: Coast to Coast)
The Winters Brothers Band

Buy Now

List Price: $14.95  
Our Price: $12.95
Availability: Ships within 48 hours
Label: Winters Brothers Band
Release Date: Nov. 1978
Media: Audio CD; 1 disk
and Art
Westview is pleased to offer the following works of
music and art in limited quantities, while supplies last.  
For works of literature by our authors, please click on

The Westview Authors
Published by Westview, Inc.

P.O. Box6
Kingston Springs, TN 37082

phone    615.646.6134

Copyright (c) 2008
Published by Westview, Inc.
About the Artists

Veteran Southern Rockers, Donnie and Dennis Winters, were both
born in southern Florida and moved to the hills of Tennessee at a
very young age. They are the third generation of musicians in their
family. Their grandfather "Pop" Winters began the "picking"
tradition. His band "The Southern Strollers," were performing and
recording in the late 40's. Their father Don Winters, Sr., had a
successful career on his own with recordings on RCA and DECA
Records. He was also a part of The Marty Robbins Show. During
his 23 years with Marty, he was part of the band, the trio, and a
featured solo artist.
The Winters Brothers first album was appropriately called "The Winters Brothers Band." It was
released on ATCO/Atlantic Records and earned the brothers acceptance around the world. It features
the songs, "I Can't Help It," "Smoky Mountain Log Cabin Jones" and "Shotgun Rider." "Sang Her
Love Songs" was later recorded live at the Volunteer Jam (which was an event hosted by the Charlie
Daniels Band), and is featured on the Volunteer Jams III and IV album, an EPIC Records release.

Their second album on ATCO/Atlantic Records was "Coast to Coast" and was held back due to legal
complications, but has recently been independently released and is available now as “The Lost
Album, a.k.a. Coast to Coast”. On EPIC Records, Charlie Daniels Band Volunteer Jam VI, the
brothers recorded their song "Rich Kids." StarTrack Records based in Nashville, TN released their
third album "Keep On Runnin."

Their brand new CD "Southern Rockers" is released on SouthStarRecords. This new CD features 8
new southern rock songs and 4 originals from the first album that were recorded live in Nashville on
November 27, 1999. All songs were written and produced by Donnie and Dennis Winters for
SouthStarRecords and may be purchased through
The History of Bellevue High School  

"Education made progress and in 1931 Bellevue High School was built in between Highway 70 S.
and Old Harding Road. Children were transported by bus from Linton, Gower, Pasquo and
portions of West Nashville to Bellevue High School where the Late G.E. H orn was the principal
with 5 teachers.

"In the year 1878-79, there were 5 schools in the district, Buffalo, Gower, Bellevue, Pasquo, and
Linton, with an enrollment of 247. Today, there are two Elementary and one High School (ed. Miss
Sadie wrote this before the high school was closed in 1980) and just hink how many pupils --- Time
marches on and we must make progress in education. Prepare our children for tomorrow's world."
                                                - Miss Sadie Herrin,Retired school principal (deceased)

Bellevue High School was located on Colice Jeanne Road. The school was torn down with the
exception of the gymnasium which is currently being used in conjunction with the Bellevue
Community Center.

  Excerpts from Doug Underwood's book, "A History of Bellevue and Surrounding Areas"
Bellevue High School
by Jack Rickert

Published in 1998
Limited edition of 500, $20.00  
Edition: 20 1/2 x 14 Inches; Unframed

Buy Now
Newsom's Mill on the Harpeth
by Ruth Dillard

Published in 1998
Signed and Numbered
Limited Edition of 1000  
Edition: 26 x 17 1/2 Inches; Unframed

Buy Now

About the Artist

Ruth worked with the Tenn. Conservation Dept. and Methodist Publishing House. She was a
Charter member of the Tenn. Art League.

Her murals are depicted on the walls of many of the state park buildings throughout Tennessee. She
is deceased, but her last years were spent in Bellevue, where she created these historic drawings.

The History of The Newsome's Mill on the Harpeth  

It would be impossible to write a history of Bellevue without a history of the Newsom mills and
stone quarry which made such an impact on this area and, indeed, the entire country and city of

William Newsom was born in Virginia in 1740. He and his wife and four sons migrated to Tennessee
and settled along the banks of the Harpeth, near Newsom's Mill.

From these four sons a large and productive family grew down through the generations. Many
Newsom's were millers, millwrights and farmers. They built many mills in the area, for themselves
and for others.

They also operated the stone quarries. From these were taken great limestone blocks. These "hewn
blocks were dressed by rubbing with wet pieces of grindstone." Stone from the Newsom quarries can
be found in the State Capital, the Customs House, Hume-Fogg High School, Union Station and the
stone wall around the old City Cemetery.

Although there is nothing there now but the remains of old Newsom's Mill, Newsom's Station was a
thriving village, probably larger than Bellevue was at that time.

    Excerpts from Doug Underwood's book, "A History of Bellevue and Surrounding Areas"
The Bellevue Train Station
by Ruth Dillard

Published in 1998
Signed and Numbered
Limited Edition of 500
Edition: 22 1/2 x 15 3/4 Inches; Unframed

Buy Now

About the Artist
See Newsom's Mill (above)

About The Bellevue Train Station

After the end of hostilities in 1865 there was much railroad repair and construction to be done on
this line. General D.C. McCallum of the Yankee Transportation Department stated that in the past
six months of the year ending June of 1865, the Military Railroad's wrecking train had picked up
and carried to Nashville 17 wrecked locomotives and 294 car loads of car wheels, bridge irons and
other railroad material. Our railroad was in shambles.

Good people up and down the line realized that they had little if this railroad line should not be
repaired. This rail line was an avenue of commerce to the outside world and would offer a better
way of life to those living near it.

Newsom Station was probably the best known watering station on the whole system because of its
closeness to the Harpeth River and an unlimited supply of water. Due to all trains stopping water,
hobo drifters used this as a hang-out. Thy could wait a couple of hours and then choose another
train to delight their travel fancy.

  Excerpts from Doug Underwood's book, "A History of Bellevue and Surrounding Areas"
Old Centennial Oak
by Ruth Dillard

Published in 1998
Signed and Numbered
Limited Edition of 500
Edition: 15 x 22 Inches; Unframed

Buy Now