1. PUBLISHER will a) work with AUTHOR to determine a layout suitable to the WORK, b) take AUTHOR's manuscript as specified in Schedule 2 and format it as appropriate with page headers, footers, page numbering, correctly sized page margins, title page, copyright page and other materials according to the author’s preference, c) fully design a 4-color cover appropriate to the WORK, and d) present the completely formatted manuscript to the author, printed two-sided on 8 ½ by 11 paper. This working document is called the Author's Proof copy.
2. Upon receipt of the corrected Author’s Proof copy, PUBLISHER will make corrections to the layout of the document at the PUBLISHER’s expense. AUTHOR requested corrections to the text block and any necessary layout adjustments required as a result of these corrections will be made at the rate of $35.00 per hour, billable to the AUTHOR. If requested, PUBLISHER will provide one additional revised and corrected Author's Proof copy. After the initial revision to the Author’s Proof, additional copies will be generated and corrected at the AUTHOR's expense at the PUBLISHER’s text-block rate currently in effect, but not less than $35 per hour, in one-hour increments with a minimum of one hour charged. In addition, if the AUTHOR requests interior corrections or changes after the generation of the Advance Copy (see below), an additional fee of a minimum of $90 per interior re-submission will be charged to recoup fees charged by the printer for post-submission revisions. This fee is subject to change based on the printer rate currently in effect.
3. PUBLISHER will develop a full-color custom, original cover design designed to meet the initial criteria of the AUTHOR, including type style, illustrations, back- cover story summary, author bio, and full-color author photo. Cover is designed without using a template to fill the criteria set out by the AUTHOR before work on the cover is begun. If the AUTHOR desires changes made to the cover that were not defined prior to the beginning of work on the cover, changes will be made at the AUTHOR’s expense. Changes will be billed at the PUBLISHER’s cover rate charge currently in effect, but not less than $250 per consultation plus $200 per hour for labor, in one-hour increments with a minimum of one hour charged. In addition, if the AUTHOR requests cover corrections or changes after the generation of the Advance Copy (see below), an additional fee of a minimum of $90 per cover resubmission will be charged to recoup fees charged by the printer for post-submission revisions. This fee is subject to change based on the printer rate currently in effect.
4. The "Advance Copy" is the copy provided by the printer to the PUBLISHER for final review so that PUBLISHER can insure that the production copies will meet standards. All efforts need to be made by AUTHOR to finalize the content of the WORK prior to submission of the WORK to the printer. The Advance Copy is intended for PUBLISHER's internal review and as a final opportunity for AUTHOR to made pre-production changes. If AUTHOR desires additional changes to the WORK that were not determined prior to submission of the manuscript to the printer, changes will be made at AUTHOR's expense. Changes after the book has been submitted to the printer will be billed at the PUBLISHER’s interior text block rate currently in effect AND/OR the PUBLISHER’s cover rate currently in effect, as above. An additional fee of a minimum of $90 per interior re-submission and/or $90 per cover re-submission will be charged to recoup fees charged by the printer for post-submission revisions. This fee is subject to change based on the printer rate currently in effect.
5. IMAGES PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN DIGITAL FORMAT A. PUBLISHER will incorporate up to 25 300-dpi, full-sized digital images or photographs in .tif or .jpg format into the manuscript at no additional charge. B. Additional images (300-dpi, full-sized digital images or photographs in .tif or .jpg format) may be included at a charge of $10.00 per image including formatting the image into black and white or color corresponding to interior. 6. IMAGES PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN NON-DIGITAL FORMAT AUTHOR will pay an additional fee of $5.00 per image for each image needing to be scanned by PUBLISHER, regardless of whether the image is black and white or color, in addition to any inclusion fees incurred as in 5 (A) and (B) above.
7. PUBLISHER will arrange for print-on-demand services with a high quality print services provider.
8. If the AUTHOR chooses a book size consistent with the current offerings listed in Addendum 4, the WORK will be registered with the Ingram Book Distribution Catalog, Amazon.com, and R.R. Bowker's Books In Print. AUTHOR understands that custom sizes may be available but, if chosen, will limit distribution channels.
9. INITIAL AND ONGOING WEB SITE COSTS A. PUBLISHER will establish one web page on http://www.publishedbywestview. com (or successor website) specifically for promoting and selling the AUTHOR’s works. B. PUBLISHER will bear all costs associated with designing, implementing and hosting the web site page on which the AUTHOR’s WORKs are marketed. C. PUBLISHER will bear all costs associated with submittals of the web site page(s) to search engines and directories.
10. DUPLICATION AND PRODUCTION PUBLISHER will be responsible for insuring that high quality copies of the WORK, and appropriate packaging, including the WORK covers and inserts, are made in sufficient quantities to fill orders generated by the web site and other sales and distribution channels directly serviced by PUBLISHER.
11. ORDER FULFILLMENT A. PUBLISHER will insure that orders for the WORK, generated by all sales channels, will be filled in a timely manner, consistent with agreements between PUBLISHER and the distributor. B. Packaging and shipment of orders shall meet standards consistent with the requested shipping method. C. PUBLISHER will make arrangements for accepting payments by credit card for orders generated by the web site. D. PUBLISHER will bear the full burden of collecting payments for orders when they are placed through the Published by Westview web site.
12. RECORD KEEPING A. PUBLISHER will keep full and accurate records of all transactions relating to the fulfillment of this Agreement, providing reports to AUTHOR no more than once a quarter at the AUTHOR’s request. B. Said records and accounts will be maintained in accordance with standard accounting practices.
13. STATE SALES TAXES For all sales transactions directly processed by PUBLISHER, PUBLISHER will collect and remit sales taxes due as required by the laws applying to and in effect at the time of the transaction. The AUTHOR is responsible for collecting and remitting all sales taxes due on sales made directly by the AUTHOR.